Even More Interesting Divorce Statistics
The more you learn about divorce the better. If you have been contemplating divorce it is always a good idea to go in informed and ready to make the right decision. Seeking the advice of the divorce attorneys at Larsen Law Firm in Provo is always recommended. To help you further we have gathered even more interesting divorce statistics.
- In America, there is one divorce approximately every 36 seconds. That’s nearly 2,400 divorces per day, 16,800 divorces per week and 876,000 divorces a year.
- The average age for couples going through their first divorce is 30 years old.
- The average length of a marriage that ends in divorce is eight years.
- Seventy-nine point six percent of custodial mothers receive a support award, while only 29.6 percent of custodial fathers receive a support award.
- Britney Spears holds the record for shortest celebrity marriage; her union with friend Jason Alexander lasted only 55 hours before it was annulled.
- The divorce rate among couples with children is 40 percent lower than couples without children.
- Half of all American children will witness the breakup of a parent’s marriage. Of these children, close to half will also see the breakup of a parent’s second marriage.
- Forty-three percent of children growing up in America today are being raised without their fathers.
- Twenty-eight percent of children living with a divorced parent live in a household with an income below the poverty line.
- Oklahoma has the highest overall divorce rate at 13.45. Thirty-two percent of Oklahoma adults who have ever been married have been divorced.
- Overall, people living in northeastern states have lower marriage and divorce rates. While those in southern states are more likely to get married, they also have higher divorce rates.
- Arkansas has the second highest rate of divorce in the country at 13.15. The divorce rate for men in Arkansas is the highest in the country at 13.5.
The more you know about divorce and the current trends the better you are to make an informed decision. You can trust the divorce attorneys at Larsen Law Firm in Provo to give you the informed advice you need. Call us today to schedule a consultation for more information.